Master in Human-Computer Interaction · Carnegie Mellon University
2006 - 2007 · 4.0 GPA · Pittsburgh, PA
B.S. Software Engineering · Milwaukee School of Engineering
Minor in Business Management
1999 - 2003 · 3.9 GPA · Milwaukee, WI
- HTML5, CSS3, LESS
- PHP, MySQL, Perl, Git
- Design Patterns
- Responsive Design
- Mental Models
- Paper Prototyping
- Video Sketches
- Contextual Inquiry
- Diaries and Surveys
- Focus Groups
- Card Sorting
- Think-Aloud Usability
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Scenario Testing
- Directed Storytelling
- Keystroke-Level Modeling
- Cognitive Walkthrough
Lead User Interface Designer · Salesforce
2009 - Present · San Francisco, CA
- Redesigned the user experience in 6 products areas used by over 2 million users.
- Executed a mobile-first design approach for scaling the experience of Social Contacts from small phones and tablets to large desktops.
- Developed over 15 fully functional HTML/CSS prototypes to evaluate the usability of designs with customers and to communicate interactive requirements to engineers.
- Validated and improved designs in over 25 rounds of remote user studies ranging from high-level concept validation to task-based usability testing.
Interaction Designer · Yahoo! Autos & Finance
2007 - 2009 · Sunnyvale, CA
- Led redesign of over 60 unique vehicle research pages accountable for approximately 50M monthly page views and $30M annual revenue.
- Created new product concept for a dealership directory. Defined use cases, created wireframes, built an interactive prototype, conducted competitive analysis, and pitched designs to partners.
- Planned and coordinated user studies involving: participatory design, card sorting, focus groups, directed storytelling, remote feature prioritization, quantitative surveys, and think-aloud usability testing.
PACS Radiology Redesign · GE Healthcare
2007 · Master's Capstone Project · Pittsburgh, PA
- Designed and implemented a next-generation PACS user interface using Microsoft Expression technologies.
- Studied over 20 expert users in clinical settings. Used findings from existing work flows, cultural attitudes and physical environments to design a new PACS.
- Identified over 110 actionable usability problems with existing PACS system for incorporation into future development releases.
Software Engineer · BAE Systems
2003 · 2006 · Minneapolis, MN
- Designed and developed a GUI controller for the DDG-1000 Advanced Gun System.
- Generated a traceability framework for automated embedded software tests.
Interactive data forecasting features for a graphical user interface. Pending. 5 April 2011.
Systems and methods for identifying contacts as users of a multi-tenant database and application. Patent 20,110,238,760. 29 September 2011
Method and apparatus for PACS software tool customization and interaction. Patent 20,090,132,963. 21 May 2009.
System and method for a worklist search and creation tool in a healthcare environment. Patent 20,090,132,280. 21 May 2009.